Programs for Faculty & Advisors
Faculty-Led & Custom Programs
Bring Your Classroom to Life – Abroad
Internationalize your campus and increase students’ cultural understanding with a CIEE Faculty-Led and Custom study abroad program that meets your institution’s precise academic needs and goals.
With a network of Study Centers in more than 40 countries around the globe, resident staff members who are experts in their fields, and more than 200 established Study Abroad programs, CIEE is uniquely qualified to collaborate with you to create rich custom programs that inspire students, enhance curriculum, fit your schedule and budget, and meet the academic needs of your students.
Creating Top-Notch Curricula
If you can imagine it, we can deliver it! Take a look at some of the outstanding 2014 programs we created to see what’s possible.
Cost, curriculum, and culture are the three major barriers that prevent students from studying abroad. Our experienced team can help break them down.
Our worldwide infrastructure and extensive network means you get maximum value for your investment, and our collaborative process eliminates budget pitfalls.
AIC Customized Internship Programs
We partner with you to develop and deliver comprehensive internship programs tailored to your strategic goals.
We share your mission of student growth and achievement—and we have over three decades of experience helping academic institutions achieve that mission.
Why partner with AIC?
- Expertise & Experience
- Consultative Approach
- Comprehensive Programs
- Academic Value
- Quality & Accountability
What will your students gain from their internship experience?
- 92% said their AIC internship helped them gain a deeper understanding of their career goals
- 90% said their AIC internship helped them gain transferable skills related to their future careers
- 93% said their AIC internship would be valuable to their future career planning
CIEE Annual Conference
The Global Education Conference is attended by industry leaders and experienced professionals in the field of international education. The level of experience among attendees, as well as the intimate nature of the event, provides a unique environment in which to participate in sessions, network with colleagues, and continue professional development within the field.
Global Internship Conference
The Global Internship Conference is a forum dedicated to advancing the knowledge of academic work placement and experiential education. This includes, but is not limited to, professionals and researchers who work in the field or seek to learn more about internships, academic work placement, co-operative education, teaching and volunteering.
Visiting Faculty Program
Take your Teaching Skills Abroad
Help us revolutionize study abroad. Join CIEE as a guest instructor at one of our six Global Institutes in Berlin, Cape Town, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome, home of CIEE’s unique multi-location Open Campus block system.
CIEE guest instructors:
- Create a hands-on learning environment with U.S. students through classes, events, and off-site activities.
- Link course content – taught in English, in most cases –to host cultures and contexts.
- Strengthen professional networks with academics from across Europe.
Openings are available for fall, spring, and summer terms.
International Faculty Development Seminars
Transform Your Classroom. Transform Your Institution. Transform Yourself.
Internationalize curricula and increase global understanding on campus with a CIEE International Faculty Development Seminar (IFDS). Each seminar provides faculty and administrators with access to rich academics, diverse intercultural experiences, and innovative approaches to learning and problem-solving in an inspiring international location.
You’ll take part in engaging lectures and discussions, site visits and community-based activities, and scholarly exchange. Plus, each seminar concludes with a specially designed “Now What?” workshop so you return to campus with a plan of action for using your new knowledge, expertise, and passion to:
- Incorporate newly gained global views into course content
- Create new courses that examine issues through a particular cultural lens
- Form lasting relationships with institutions and scholars around the world
- Encourage students to pursue their own study abroad experiences
- Design and lead international programs with the support and expertise of CIEE’s Faculty and Custom Programs team
Start planning your own international professional development experience.