The most flexible opportunity in study abroad today!
Study Abroad's Most Flexible Experience
Students select from our 10 Global Institutes to design the ultimate study abroad experience. Every location offers the following:
- Direct enroll, internships, independent research, and the Open Campus block program which offers intensive, hands-on, and highly focused courses in six-week blocks.
- Spring, Summer, Fall, and January programs
- The option to stay in one Global Institute location for the entire term, or move between locations after each block
- Study tours and daily excursions to enhance intercultural skills and academics
Comparative Learning at its Finest
With CIEE’s Open Campus program, students who want to study in more than one location are limited only by their imagination. Because each Global Institute operates on the same schedule and offers the same six academic tracks, students can move seamlessly between locations for a one-of-a-kind comparative learning experience.
Here are just a few of the combinations available …
Open Campus Program Unpacked
STEP 1: STUDENTS CHOOSE UP TO 3 GLOBAL INSTITUTES
- Buenos Aires
- Cape Town
- Rio de Janeiro
- Santiago, Chile
STEP 2: STUDENTS SELECT FROM 6 ACADEMIC TRACKS
- Communications, New Media, and Journalism
- Global and Community Health
- International Relations and Political Science
- Language, Literature, and Culture
- Sustainability and Environmental Sciences
STEP 3: STUDENTS SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
- January deadline: November 1
- Spring deadline: November 1
- Summer deadline: April 1
- Fall deadline: April 1
- Scholarships & grants available
Explore our Global Institute Network
Berlin is the city of reinvention and serves as one of Europe’s leading centers for business, science, and education.
Founded in 1536, this bustling metropolis reveals influence of Europe and the Middle East. A vibrant port city, Buenos Aires is also the world’s leading Spanish language publishing hub.
Cape Town is the economic center of sub-Saharan Africa and functions as a vibrant center for studies in multiculturalism, business, sustainability, and political science.
Copenhagen is known as an environmentally friendly city, where cars share the streets with bicycle commuters.
London is the leading destination for study abroad students and operates as a global crossroads for business, science, education, art, theatre, technology, public health, and public policy.
Madrid is the capital of the Kingdom of Spain, the third largest city in the European Union, home to world famous football clubs, and is considered the major financial center of Southern Europe.
Paris is the capital of France and recognized as a global center for art, business, fashion, food, film, domestic and international politics, and of course, wine and cheese.
RIO DE JANEIRO
Rio is the most visited city in the southern hemisphere and is known for its natural setting, Carnaval celebrations, samba, Bossa Nova, and its energetic population.
Rome is the capital of Italy and is considered one of the incubators of Western Civilization, while it functions today as a premier center of European art, architecture, cuisine, fashion, business and politics.
The metropolis of Santiago is South America’s sixth largest city with the towering Andes mountains nearly always in view. In this economic center, you’ll find world-class cuisine, exotic suburban parks, and neoclassical architecture.