Global Institute Network
Where students experience the most flexibilty in study abroad today!
Study Abroad's Most Flexible Experience
Students select from our 12 Global Institutes to design the ultimate study abroad experience. Locations offer the following:
- Direct enroll, internships, independent research, and the Open Campus block program which offers intensive, hands-on, and highly focused courses in six-week blocks.
- Spring, Summer, Fall, and January programs
- The option to stay in one Global Institute location for the entire term, or move between locations after each block
- Study tours and daily excursions to enhance intercultural skills and academics
Choose from 12 dynamic cities
CIEE’s Global Institutes are located in dynamic international cities on three continents. You can study at one or more between cities after blocks and/or sessions.
Open Campus Program Unpacked
STEP 1: STUDENTS CHOOSE UP TO 3 GLOBAL INSTITUTES
- Buenos Aires
- Cape Town
- Rio de Janeiro
- Santiago, Chile
STEP 2: STUDENTS SELECT FROM 6 ACADEMIC TRACKS
- Communications, New Media, and Journalism
- Global and Community Health
- International Relations and Political Science
- Language, Literature, and Culture
- Sustainability and Environmental Sciences
STEP 3: STUDENTS SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
- January deadline: November 1
- Spring deadline: November 1
- Summer deadline: April 1
- Fall deadline: April 1
- Scholarships & grants available
Comparative Learning at its Finest
With CIEE’s Open Campus program, students who want to study in more than one location are limited only by their imagination. Because each Global Institute operates on the same schedule and offers the same six academic tracks, students can move seamlessly between locations for a one-of-a-kind comparative learning experience.
Here are just a few of the combinations available …
RIO DE JANEIRO