Get The Most Out of Your Experience
CIEE strives to keep seminar fees as low as possible while still providing top-quality educational experiences. We hope their inclusiveness, funding from CIEE, and any funding that may be available from your institution or external sources, make this opportunity feasible for you.
IFDS fees are $3,950 for 10-day seminars and $2,750 for our seven-day seminars. Fees include:
- Academic program (on-site orientation, all lectures, site visits, seminar materials, and outcomes-focused workshop).
- Lectures and discussion sessions led by local faculty, researchers, public officials, and practitioners who present, analyze, and discuss the primary questions and debates relevant to the seminar theme.
- Detailed syllabi that include readings, objectives, and framing questions for all seminar activities, and are used by CIEE seminar leaders to structure and navigate the program’s academic progression.
- Accommodation in single rooms (unless otherwise noted), in well-located modest hotels, guesthouses, or university housing (discounts available for those requesting to share accommodations with a fellow participant).
- Two meals daily, usually breakfast and lunch.
- Welcome and farewell receptions with dinner.
- Transportation to included activities.
- Entrance fees for included excursions.
- International medical and travel insurance and 24-hour worldwide assistance provided through iNext.
- One CIEE airport pick-up and drop-off coordinated around the majority of arrivals and departures.
- Pre-departure support (including IFDS staff assistance and detailed online pre-departure).
- Standard visa fees and processing assistance provided by Travisa. (Note: as Travisa only serves U.S. citizens, non U.S. citizens should submit their visa application independently to the appropriate consulate.)
- A comprehensive on-site orientation that introduces participants to the CIEE Study Center and includes segments focused on intercultural development and engaging the seminar syllabus and learning objectives.
- Site visits and intercultural activities at local NGOs, schools, heritage sites, museums, and community institutions that provide practical experience and opportunities to engage meaningfully with local people, complementing the theoretical discussions held in class.
What's Not Included
Costs associated with passports, port of entry visa fees (if applicable), visas that exceed standard group processing rates, international departure taxes, international airfare, ground transportation beyond the one organized airport pick-up and one drop-off, most dinners, baggage charges, porterage, tips, and any incidental expenses.
If you are affiliated with a CIEE Academic Consortium member institution and a first-time IFDS participant, you may be eligible for a $2,000 grant to be awarded by your study abroad office to facilitate faculty development. If you are an IFDS alumni, you may be eligible for an additional discount, please contact the IFDS team for more information.