Information for term Summer Business + Culture
Application deadline, and cost information.
The application deadline has passed.
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Dates: Jun 18 – Jul 16, 2018 (4 weeks)
- Credit: 3 - 4 per session semester hours / 4.5 - 6 per session quarter hours
- Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA
OverviewClick to Open
There are endless treasures to explore in Buenos Aires – and this program will help you find them. Take business courses, live with a local family, meet with investors, business, and government professionals, and go on excursions to the Argentinian countryside and broader Argentina. You’ll leave with a better understanding of business in this economic hub of world trade with improved Spanish language skills.
with local community organizations and development.
the classroom at museums, festivals, soccer matches, and more.
Take CIEE courses
about Latin American and Argentine business and culture.
dogs as pets in Buenos Aires500K
districts, also called “barrios,” in Buenos Aires48
wineries in Argentina1,800
Location & CultureClick to Open
Studying in one of the 20th-largest cities in the world has its benefits. Buenos Aires offers a vibrant theater district, shops, stately architecture, and a steady influx of European immigrants that have earned it the nickname, “the Paris of South America.” This surprisingly navigable Latin American metropolis offers visitors glimpses of both Europe and the Middle East through architecture and café life.
EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Experience life on an Argentinian cattle ranch.
- Explore beyond the capital with an overnight trip.
- Learn folk dances.
- Attend cultural and musical events.
Daily LifeClick to Open
Homestays: Students live with an Argentine host family. Host options may be traditional and nontraditional, including nuclear families with young children, single professionals, young couples with no children, and older couples whose children visit but do not live at home.
Homestays include two meals per day: breakfast and either lunch or dinner. Host families and students arrange their own meal schedules.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Where You'll Study
CIEE Global Institute
FACULTAD LATINOAMERICANA DE CIENCIAS SOCIALES
(FLACSO) DE ARGENTINA
Students walk and use the public transportation system to get around the city
Like what you're seeing so far?request more information
What you need to knowThe program details
CIEE’s Global Institute in Buenos Aires has offered programs since 1993 and attracts one of the largest number of students each year in the region. It is currently located at the urban campus of the Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO) de Argentina.
Courses are taught in English. The language course is taught in Spanish.
All CIEE courses are taught by professors with extensive academic and practical experience and expertise in the field. The academic content of the program is designed, managed, and delivered by CIEE and FLACSO.
AcademicsClick to Open
- Total credit: 3–4 semester credits/4.5-6 quarter credits per session (Students choose to enroll in one, two, or three sessions.)
Each session, students enroll in:
- One CIEE area studies elective course: 45 contact hours for 3 semester/4.5 quarter hours
- An optional Communicative Spanish course (may be taken only once): 15 contact hours for 1 semester/1.5 quarter hours
Note: This course listing is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a contract between CIEE and any applicant, student, institution, or other party. The courses, as described, may be subject to change as a result of ongoing curricular revisions, assignment of lecturers and teaching staff, and program development. Courses may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
ScholarshipsClick to Open
Scholarships & Grants
Last year, we awarded more than 1,000 scholarships per term for a total of $5 million, helping more students get on planes and live their dreams in faraway places than any other organization.
Students who apply to this program are eligible for the following scholarships and grants:
- Ping Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- Global Access Initiative (GAIN) Grants
- CIEE Gilman Go Global Grant
To be considered, submit the CIEE Scholarships & Grants application within your CIEE program application. Learn more at the Scholarships & Grants section of our website.See more scholarship info
Dates, Deadlines & FeesClick to Open
Dates, Deadlines & Fees
You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE, because our high-quality programs include everything from excursions to insurance. There are no hidden charges, and no disappointing surprises when you arrive.
YOUR FEE INCLUDES:
- Most meals
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Buenos Aires culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
To help you budget, keep in mind that students are responsible for the cost of international airfare, local transportation, books and supplies, visas, and personal expenses. In addition, ask your college or university study abroad advisor if your school charges additional fees for study abroad.
Our StaffClick to Open
Get StartedHere's what you need to do to take the next steps:
START AN APPLICATIONApply Now
You're one step closer to an amazing study abroad experience!
CONNECT WITH YOUR CAMPUS STUDY ABROAD OFFICE
Share your plans and confirm you're on track to meet all required steps to go abroad.
Contact an Advisor
Send us an email if you still have questions or need information about applying to this program.