Study Abroad In Tainan
Explore Tainan, Taiwan
Taiwan’s first and oldest city is the ideal place to explore Chinese culture, tradition, and language. This 400-year-old city is filled with bustling markets, hip cafes, quaint alleyways, and more than 1,000 Buddhist and Taoist temples. Immerse yourself in the city’s endless cultural sites, boisterous festivals, stunning parks, and renowned restaurants serving the very best of Taiwanese cooking.
Study Tours & Cultural Excursions
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural immersion. In Tainan, study tours and excursions could include:
- Guided field trip to Taipei, capital city of Taiwan, and one of the iconic destinations in East Asia.
- Visits to one of the famous night markets.
- Attend a local Chinese cooking class.
- Learn about contemporary Chinese issues like international economics, cross-cultural communication, sustainability, and film with a special series of lectures given by scholars and other experts.
- The opportunity to stay a weekend with a local host family to experience local culture and practice your mandarin.
Where Students Study
Tainan University of Technology
Established in 1964, Tainan University of Technology, also known as Tainan Tech, is a private university hosting approximately 10,000 students in the Tainan metropolitan area in southern Taiwan. The main campus sits in Yongkang District of Tainan.