Berlin Global Institute
Home to high-tech start-ups, film communities, and graffiti artists, launch your venture from Berlin’s Kreuzberg district, known for thriving multiculturalism and an artsy vibe. And our newly renovated Institute sits among endless options for food, music and entertainment, with easy access to the rest of Berlin.
- Residence hall with café and courtyard, large common kitchens, en suite bathrooms, laundry facilities, study and common areas
- German language residential area to help you improve your language skills
- Hi-tech classrooms
- Study tours and trips each block
- Nearby subway station and bike paths
- CIEE staff support you in your day-to-day life in Berlin and have the inside scoop on local events, volunteer opportunities, and more
STUDY ABROAD'S MOST FLEXIBLE EXPERIENCE
Students tap into our Global Quad anchored by ten major cities.
- Choose from direct enroll courses, internships, independent research, or the Open Campus block program. Each block is six weeks, you choose two courses per block, and you have the flexibility of small, hands-on, and highly focused classes.
- Programs run during the Spring, Summer, Fall and January terms.
- Our programs let you stay in one place or move among the network.
- Study in the heart of the city and stay in dorms, apartments or homestays.
- Study tours and excursions are included. CIEE's Open Campus offers one every day!
The Global Institute is designed to work for you. Make it your own!
STEP 1: CHOOSE UP TO 3 LOCATIONS
- Buenos Aires
- Cape Town
- Rio de Janeiro
- Santiago, Chile
STEP 2: SELECT AN ACADEMIC TRACK
- Communications, New Media, and Journalism
- Global and Community Health
- International Relations and Political Science
- Language, Literature and Culture
- Sustainability and Environmental Sciences
STEP 3: DON'T WAIT
- Start an application to an Open Campus program today
- Don't forget to apply for scholarships
One Semester, Multiple LocationsDesign Your Own Study Abroad Experience
With CIEE's Open Campus, you can design your very own study abroad semester program to include up to three different locations. Use our custom build tool, spin the globe, or take a look at experiences around some of our most popular open campus combinations!Build Mine Now
Global Architecture + Design
Business + Culture
Summer Global Internship