The most flexible opportunity in study abroad today!
Study Abroad's Most Flexible Experience
Students tap into our Global Quad anchored by 10 major cities.
- Choose from direct enroll courses, internships, independent research, or the Open Campus block program. Each block is six weeks, you choose two courses per block, and you have the flexibility of small, hands-on, and highly focused classes.
- Programs run during the Spring, Summer, Fall, and January terms.
- Our programs let you stay in one place or move among the network.
- Study in the heart of the city and stay in dorms, apartments, or homestays.
- Study tours and excursions are included - CIEE's Open Campus offers one every day!
The Global Institute is designed to work for you. Make it your own!
Where will study abroad take you?
If you want to study abroad in more than one location, you are only limited by your imagination. With CIEE's Open Campus, choose courses across six academic disciplines, offered in six week blocks. Here are just a few multi-city combinations for 2018 to get you thinking...
|1st Block||2nd Block||3rd Block|
|Cape Town||Cape Town||Madrid|
|Buenos Aires||Santiago||Rio de Janeiro|
There are more location combinations available to you! Start your application to an Open Campus program!
Step 1: Choose up to 3 Locations
- Buenos Aires
- Cape Town
- Rio de Janeiro
- Santiago, Chile
STEP 2: SELECT AN ACADEMIC TRACK
- Communications, New Media, and Journalism
- Global and Community Health
- International Relations and Political Science
- Language, Literature, and Culture
- Sustainability and Environmental Sciences
STEP 3: DON'T WAIT
- Start an application for an Open Campus program today
- Don't forget to apply for scholarships
Explore our Global Institute Network
Berlin is the city of reinvention and serves as one of Europe’s leading centers for business, science, and education.
Founded in 1536, this bustling metropolis reveals influence of Europe and the Middle East. A vibrant port city, Buenos Aires is also the world’s leading Spanish language publishing hub.
Cape Town is the economic center of sub-Saharan Africa and functions as a vibrant center for studies in multiculturalism, business, sustainability, and political science.
Copenhagen is known as an environmentally friendly city, where cars share the streets with bicycle commuters.
London is the leading destination for study abroad students and operates as a global crossroads for business, science, education, art, theatre, technology, public health, and public policy.
Madrid is the capital of the Kingdom of Spain, the third largest city in the European Union, home to world famous football clubs, and is considered the major financial center of Southern Europe.
Paris is the capital of France and recognized as a global center for art, business, fashion, food, film, domestic and international politics, and of course, wine and cheese.
RIO DE JANEIRO
Rio is the most visited city in the southern hemisphere and is known for its natural setting, Carnaval celebrations, samba, Bossa Nova, and its energetic population.
Rome is the capital of Italy and is considered one of the incubators of Western Civilization, while it functions today as a premier center of European art, architecture, cuisine, fashion, business and politics.
The metropolis of Santiago is South America’s sixth largest city with the towering Andes mountains nearly always in view. In this economic center, you’ll find world-class cuisine, exotic suburban parks, and neoclassical architecture.