Why FALL is a great time to study abroad!

Get ahead of the curve 

Once you’ve decided to study abroad in the fall, start picking the brains of students returning from spring and summer study abroad! Get their take on the best places to go – must-see sites, delectable cafés, unforgettable views, electrifying festivals, and more. It’s a great way to spare yourself the frustration of tourist traps and gear-up to make the most of your free time.

Start spring strong

Start the new school year with study abroad and guaranteed, your enthusiasm and new-found global perspective will carry into your spring semester. Whether your academics focus is on business, communications, history, social sciences, STEM, or another major, your professors will love how you apply your international and intercultural experience into your coursework. 

New traditions all around

Do Israeli children trick or treat? Is Thanksgiving celebrated in Thailand? How do German’s celebrate Ertedankfest? Studying abroad in the fall lets you introduce your traditions to your international friends and vise-versa. In fact, the exchange of cultural traditions is one of the most enriching experiences study abroad offers. Do it up! And rest assured, most fall study abroad programs end just in time for the “the most wonderful time of the year!” You’ll be the hit at holiday parties relaying stories about your time abroad!

Summer or winter skies

If you hate the thought of summer’s glorious weather coming to an end, extend it! Study abroad in the southern hemisphere and enjoy the silky-smooth beaches of Perth, or Cape Town. Conversely, if winter’s your season, start it early! Head to Chile and ski the Andes, or study in Paris or Rome and take weekend trips to Switzerland.

Celebrate all semester long

Did you know some of the best and biggest festivals in the world are held during the fall? Here are a few you definitely don’t want to miss ...

• Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany
  • Dia de los Muertos in Mérida, Mexico
  • Loi Krathong Festival in Thailand
  • Mid-Autumn Festival in China and Taiwan
  • Joust of the Saracens in Arezzo, Italy

​Study abroad with CIEE and fill your fall ’19 with academic adventures, world travel, intercultural learning, and more. Hurry - fall deadlines are approaching!

Get started now!