Welcome to CIEE Brazil

CIEE’s Global Institute in Rio de Janeiro is a hidden jewel in Brazil’s popular seaside community. Mere steps from the hustle and bustle of the city sits a yellow three-story villa wrapped in flowery green vines. The view from the outside of the building is breathtaking. Lush greenery and hillside buildings are visible beyond the gated entryway. A large wooden door opens from there, inviting study abroad students inside their international classroom in Brazil.

Rio’s Global Institute is special for a few reasons, beyond its stunning locale. According to Student Life Coordinator, Matheus Tornaghi, there are a multitude of reasons why Rio is an ideal study abroad destination for students. Most importantly, he boasts that “studying abroad in Brazil is a unique opportunity to network with peers and young professionals in this culture.”

How? CIEE Brazil is centrally located. Steps away from the Global Institute, CIEE students have access to a cafe and co-working space hybrid. With a quick swipe of their student identification cards, CIEE students have access to this space where they can connect with fellow students and young professionals. This convenient setting presents an opportunity for students to make international professional relationships by networking with peers from around the world. 

Only at CIEE Brazil can students immerse themselves in Portugese language courses, network with international peers onsite, and learn about Brazilian culture firsthand. Interested? This could be your study abroad experience!

Search study abroad programs in Brazil!