Take Your Spanish Skills to the Next Level in Valparaíso This J-term!

Ring in 2020 at New Year’s Eve in the Sea - one of Chile’s biggest celebrations. It’s not only the start of a brand-new year, but it’s also the start of summer in the “Jewel of the Pacific”!

You’re invited to spend J-term in Valparaíso, Chile and earn three credits in three weeks in our Spanish Language – Intermediate I program for just $950! If you have two semesters of college-level Spanish in your pocket, this is the perfect course to take your language skills to the next level.

In just three weeks, you’ll develop your Spanish reading comprehension, pronounce vocabulary in a clear and comprehensive way, and master basic/intermediate communication and conversational skills. Coursework is combined with field trips and co-curricular activities around Valparaíso to put your skills to the test and engage with the local culture and community.

It’s not all academics though. You’ll spend loads of time outside the classroom exploring Chile, including a day trip to Olmué and La Campana National Park, where you’ll trek to the Cerro La Campana peak. You’ll also visit Isla Negra, home of Nobel Prize-winning Chilean poet Pablo Neruda, and enjoy a vineyard tour of Casablanca Valley.

In addition to the diversity and quirkiness that Valparaíso offers, you’ll also get the opportunity to live with a local host family and experience authentic Chilean cultural immersion!

No matter what your academic background, learning another language makes a big difference on your resume. With Spanish Language – Intermediate I, co-curricular activities and excursions, cultural events, and a homestay, coming to Valparaíso in January will be the best decision you’ve ever made!

Learn more!