MSI students – get up to $2,000 for study abroad!

Do you attend a Minority Serving Institution (MSI)*?

Great news! If you attend any of the 650 MSIs across the country, you qualify for a study abroad grant up to $2,000 for semester, $500 for summer, and $100 for January programs from CIEE! Even internships qualify — go on a semester-long global internship and get a grant up to $1,000.

To apply, just fill-in the Scholarships and Grants portion of your application!

What’s so special about attending an MSI?

A lot! Approximately 325,000 U.S. students study abroad each year, but less than 30% are from underrepresented groups, including minority students. CIEE is committed to breaking down the barriers to study abroad, so that all students can gain valuable international experience! 

The ability to work in diverse teams and collaborate across disciplines and cultures are just two of the many benefits of study abroad. If you want to successfully compete in the global marketplace, you need to add international experience to your college career – CIEE can help. 

Every year, CIEE offers more than $8 million in scholarships to help students like you study abroad. In fact, one out of three students is awarded a scholarship! Fill in the scholarships and grants portion of your CIEE study abroad application and you will be considered for every scholarship you’re eligible to receive.

*Check here to see if your school is on the Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions’ list of qualified MSIs.