Joint activities of CIEE GAD Prague and Berlin students

Šárka Smrčková

Šárka Smrčková

Every semester, Global Architecture and Design students from Prague and Berlin meet twice during the semester and have their midterm and 80% studio presentations together.

At the beginning of March, Berlin students came to Prague for the weekend. On Friday afternoon, they met with CIEE Prague students at ARCHIP, where midterm presentations for both groups were held. This allows for interesting discussions and feedback from both groups. After presentations dinner was organized in a local restaurant, where students could taste traditional Czech food.

At the end of April, Prague students travelled to Berlin for their 80% presentations and to explore architecture of the city. They visited several museums and other important landmarks, and learned about famous architects and German history. Favorite sites students visited were Jewish Museum, Reichstag building or guided tour at Berliner Philharmonie.

The trip included a combination of walking tours, site visits, student presentations and some free time, so students could explore the city on their own or hang out with their new friends, who took them to places only locals know.