SO my boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over two years. We spent a significant portion of that time, however, in a long-distance relationship. As a young Korean man, he needed to complete his mandatory military service this past year. Although this year has been abundant in challenges, him and I have been able to enjoy ourselves since I have been in Korea! For anyone else who finds themselves in my shoes (or perhaps similar ones) I wanted to provide an idea for a full-day date! For reference, when I planned this date, it was the middle of November, so the weather was very agreeable. Also, for those of you reading who find themselves single in Korea, I would definitely recommend this itinerary for a friend-date or even a solo-date!
**this itinerary is designed for those living at SK Global House**
- meet up for breakfast @8:00 am - the original pancake house (itaewon)
- namsan tower - @9:00-11:00
- lock - buy at tower (9,000 -14,000 won each)(https://twomonkeystravelgroup.com/love-locks-south-korea/)
- observation tower (https://www.klook.com/en-PH/activity/412-n-seoul-tower-seoul/?aid=6211&utm_medium=affiliate-alwayson&utm_source=non-network&utm_campaign=6211&utm_term=&utm_content=) - you can reserve tickets on Trazy!
- cable car ride (10,000 won each)
- namsan-gol hanok village
- lunch - find somewhere together - @11:00-1:00
- coffee/tea + photo - stop by one of the many cafes in the area, i would recommend the Flower Yard Cafe (33-12 Supyo-ro 28-gil, Ikseon-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul) @1:00-1:45
- head to sk global
- outfit change! - @2:00-2:30
- go to hongdae
- walk around Gyeonggui Line Forest Park and stop by a photo booth to commemorate the day!
- dinner - @6:00-8:00
- 또 다른 자아/Another Ego - 서울 마포구 연남동 387-19 반지하 - you can make a reservation at this restaurant via instagram: @anotherego_official; they serve wine, pasta, and various types of charcuterie boards
- fun after dinner ideas @8:00-12:00
- hideaway - latin bar (마포구 와우산로 21길 28 지하1층 Seoul, Korea)
- movie - there is also a megabox in sinchon if you would prefer to head back
- escape room - https://www.rec-escape.com/book-now (46,000 won for 2 people)
- return to SK Global House
While planning, I wanted to leave some room for flexibility for those of you who prefer to not stick to a rigid schedule :)
I hope that you enjoy this date as much as I did!