Get Up to $9,000 to Study Abroad This Spring!

Sound like a dream come true? It’s not. Make study abroad your reality by following these simple steps:

First, if you are eligible for a Federal Pell-Grant, apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship. Since 2001, more than 28,000 students of “high financial need” have received grants of up to $5,000 from the U.S. Department of State. 

The application for spring 2020 opens in mid-August 2019. 

Once you have applied for the Gilman, fill in the Scholarships & Grants portion of your CIEE program application. Anyone submitting a qualified Gilman application, REGARDLESS of whether they receive a Gilman award, is eligible for the following:

Yes, you read that right - submitting a qualified application for a Gilman qualifies you for up to $4,000 from CIEE!

Your need-based CIEE Scholarships and Grants application is due by October 15.

Total potential awards? A whopping $9,000 toward an incredible spring ’20 abroad. 

Brandon W. from Denison University in Ohio ended up spending a semester studying abroad in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic thanks to these three steps. 

“The CIEE Gilman Grant did two great things for me: one it encouraged me to apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship, which helped fund my education abroad. The money from that grant was CRUCIAL to me having money once I got abroad.  I realized paying for my program wasn’t enough, I also needed to budget money for on-site.”

Two simple applications can earn you up to $9,000 in grants to participate in one of CIEE’s 200 programs in 50+ countries. Don’t miss this opportunity for support that can make your dreams of a life-changing adventure abroad a reality.

Get started today!