A Day in my Life at the Univeristy of Haifa

Marci H.

Marci H.

Shalom! My name is Marci and I am currently studying Criminology and Psychology at the University of Haifa for the Spring 2020 Semester. Haifa has lots of things to offer from the amazing views to the beaches, there is no other place I would rather be! Im here to take you into a day in my life of a CIEE International Student at the University of Haifa. 

I started off my day bright and early because I knew I was going to have a long day ahead of me. 

In the morning I like to make breakfast, make my bed, review my homework and prepare for the day

On this day I wrote out my schedule as seen below. When I plan out my day it helps me become more organized!

Shortly after breakfast I was headed to a health and safety meeting with the program Director, Martha. Health and safety is CIEE's top priority so it is important to go over some information to have a smooth semester!

After meeting with Martha to go over health and safety I was off to my Hebrew class in the Main Building. As I was walking over to class I saw this view and could not miss the opportunity to share!

I have Hebrew class every morning Monday - Thursday. Currently we are learning new vocabulary words and how to take two nouns and put it in past, present, or future tense. At the University you have the option to take Arabic as well but I decided to continue my Hebrew studies since I used to study that back home.

After Hebrew class I went to the International School Office to meet with Martha. Two-Three times a semester Martha meets up with each CIEE student to see how things are going.

For our meeting we went to Aroma to get a snack and to talk about how the semester is going and my goals. One of my goals is to get good grades and to travel more! I always appreciate how Martha makes the time to get to know her CIEE students. 

After our meeting I was on my way back home to get some homework done before I had to head to Psychology Lab

After I finished some of my Hebrew homework I was headed to Psychology Lab. For my major I have to do 10 hours a week in a Psychology Lab at the University. I really enjoy it because I am learning new things while also studying Psychology. Being in a lab also gives me a good experience so when I go back to my University, I can bring new ideas to our research lab.

After lab was done, I went home and continued to do more homework. I think its good to give yourself sometime to take a break so instead of hanging around my apartment I went somewhere special..

One of my hobbies is to do Brazillian Ju Jistu also known as bjj. One of the other International students told me about this gym is Haifa and I decided to give it a try. It also felt nice to take a break from my homework so I could have some time to myself. I will definitely be going back! 

After a long day of meetings, classes, and homework I was ready to take a shower and get ready for bed!

At the end of the day I like to finish the rest of my homework and prepare to take on the next day!

I am very greatful to have the opportunity to represent Plymouth State University in Israel and to be able to study with other International students. I hope to continue improving my Hebrew and learn more about Psychology. I would highly recommend studying abroad! I feel like Haifa is my new home and the semester is just getting started!

Tags: