CIEE FS + GAD Orientation Activities

Šárka Smrčková

Šárka Smrčková

Film Studies and Global Architecture and Design students arrived to Prague at the end of January for their study abroad semester. From the second day after their arrival they were busy with on-site orientation at CIEE Study Center, FAMU and ARCHIP. Activities during their orientation aimed to prepare them for different aspects of their study abroad semester.

Visit of DOX Centre for Contemporary Art

GAD students visited DOX Centre for Contemporary Art during their orientation week as ARCHIP campus is located at DOX+ building right next to the gallery. The DOX Centre is an excellent example of contemporary architecture, involving the reconstruction of an old factory into a multi-functional space. Students could see several exhibitions from international and Czech artists.

Small programs get-together event

Students from CIEE FS, GAD and CNMJ programs attended an outdoor escape game Legend of the Golem which took place at Jewish district of Prague. Through the game students discovered the beauty and rich history of the Jewish district, learned about Prague Synagogues and dived into Jewish mysticism. They were split into several groups and competed amongst each other. Reward after the successful completion of the game was warm drink at a cozy cafe in Old Town.

Trip to Kutná Hora

At the end of orientation week, students of both programs went for trip outside of Prague and visited medieval town of Kutná Hora. The centre of Kutná Hora and Sedlec Abbey with its famous ossuary (bone church) are a UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The guided tour of the town gave students a glimpse into the centuries-long rich Czech history, and they could also taste traditional Czech meals in a local restaurant.