24 Hours in Toronto: A Global Intern's Guide to Canada

Global Internships

Global Internships

When you are a Global Intern in Toronto, the possibilities are endless.  From beautiful landscapes, natural resources, and fresh seafood galore, there is so much to see - and eat. We have put together an itinerary for 24 hours in Toronto, as well as some other not-to-miss attractions around the city and surrounding areas. We are curious what your favorites will be from Toronto! Now it's time to get out there and explore...

10:00 AM 

Grab your walking shoes and head on over to the CN Tower - one of the most visited attractions in Toronto. Built in the 1970s, this tall needle looking structure, was once the world's tallest stand-alone building. Take the glass elevator all the way to the top for the best views of the city. Walk on the edge...literally, you can walk on the edge of the building after heading to the tippy top - secure your tickets ahead of time for the best experience. 

1:00 PM

Plant your feet back on the ground and take your adventures - and hunger - onto the St. Lawrence Market for lunch. This is one of Canada's oldest markets celebrating nearly 210 years, with more than 120 local vendors. Enjoy walking around and trying culinary delights and artisan gifts. You can also easily walk over from the CN Tower by using these walking directions (pro tip - save this Google Map to your phone when you have WiFi so you can navigate the city like a local!). 

3:00 PM

Now that you have gotten some tasty nibbles at St. Lawrence Market, it's back to the historical tour of Toronto. Head on over to The Royal Ontario Museum- one of the largest museums in North America and home to art, culture and history. You can get a tour, see what exhibitions are happening, and plan your visit here

7:00 PM

You've earned yourself a treat of the locals, and no we aren't talking about dinner. Catch the 13-time Stanley Cup winning Toronto Maple Leaves as they take on their next victim. Hockey is one of the biggest sports in Canada, eh? 

Toronto has so much to offer a Global Intern - luckily you will be there for more than one day. Some of Canada's most diverse citizens are in the transient city of Toronto, speaking more than 140 languages. Looking for more suggestions in Toronto? We trust The Lonely Planet's Guide to Toronto!

CIEE offers a range of full-time and part-time internship abroad opportunities for students. With internships spanning a diversity of fields — from public policy to the arts, business administration to marketing — CIEE has you covered. You’ll develop the skills you need to succeed in the next steps of your career.

For more than 30 years, we've been placing students into high-impact internships across a wide range of industries and fields. We know that global work experience paired with a strong academic framework will turn today's students into the next generation of forwardthinking innovators, teachers, and leaders.