24 hours in London: A Global Intern's Guide to England

Global Internships

Global Internships

When you are a Global Intern in London, the possibilities are endless.  From historical buildings, some of the world's oldest streets, and fresh seafood galore, there is so much to see - and eat. We have put together an itinerary for 24 hours in London, as well as some other not-to-miss attractions around the city and surrounding areas. We are curious what your favorites will be from London! Now it's time to get out there and explore...

9:00 AM 

Morning Tea and English breakfast. You'll need this traditional and substantial start to your day full of bacon, eggs, and sausages, to fuel you up for the rest of what London has to offer. 

Pro tip: Grab a muffin or croissant and store it away in your bag for later - never hurts to save a little money on the road! 

12:00 PM

Now that you have your daily energy, it's time to sight see a bit. See the heart of the city from The London Eye.  Europe's tallest observation wheel stands 135 meters tall, and has appeared in many famous Hollywood movies, as well as been home to millions of visitors. It's a good idea to buy your passes ahead of time so you can scout the best weather and seats. 

3:00 PM

By now I'm sure you are getting a little tired of walking around the city, but rest assured, there is an area that will treat you like royalty - Buckingham Palace. London is a very walkable city, meandering through beautiful green gardens, historic buildings, and unique culture. We recommend getting to Buckingham Palace on foot to avoid security and traffic once you arrive (pro tip - save this Google Map to your phone when you have WiFi so you can navigate the city like a local!).

7:00 PM

It's the best time of the day for Brits - dinner and drinks! You've earned yourself a treat of the locals, a nice British dinner in London's famous downtown. You can't go wrong with a British delicasy, Fish n Chips

London has so much to offer a Global Intern - luckily you will be there for more than one day. Some of England's most beautiful green space is in London from St. James Park to Primrose Hill. Looking for more suggestions in London? We trust The Lonely Planet's Guide to London!

CIEE offers a range of full-time and part-time internship abroad opportunities for students. With internships spanning a diversity of fields — from public policy to the arts, business administration to marketing — CIEE has you covered. You’ll develop the skills you need to succeed in the next steps of your career.

For more than 30 years, we've been placing students into high-impact internships across a wide range of industries and fields. We know that global work experience paired with a strong academic framework will turn today's students into the next generation of forwardthinking innovators, teachers, and leaders.