24 hours in Hong Kong: A Global Intern's Guide to China

Global Internships

Global Internships

When you are a Global Intern in Hong Kong, the possibilities are endless. From the bustling city streets, authentic food vendors, and beautiful natural views and scenery, there is so much to see - and eat. We have put together an itinerary for 24 hours in Hong Kong, as well as some other not-to-miss attractions around the city and surrounding areas. We are curious what your favorites will be from Hong Kong! Now it's time to get out there and explore...

6:00 AM 

Up and at 'em! Catch the Chinese sunrise at Victoria Peak - the highest peak on the island of Hong Kong, standing at 552 meters. You can take the historic tram to the top and enjoy seeing the light over the Harbor as you prepare for your day of adventures ahead. 

Pro tip: You can book a tour ahead of time so you can assure you get the full experience and a seat on the tram. 

12:00 PM

Once you are feeling energized by the sun, hop on the train and head over for your next adventure. Looking for a bargain and some souvenirs to bring back home to your family and friends? Look no further than one of Hong Kong's many markets, like Ladies Market or Temple Street Night Market. Don't forget to download directions when you have WiFi so you can navigate the city like a pro!

3:00 PM

Find your zen when you visit Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery. Sitting 34 meters high and facing North to look over the citizens of China, Big Buddha is one of Hong Kong's most famous attractions. Take the time to enjoy the trip out there as you pass through lush mountains and green scenery. This is sure to be a relaxing trip. 

7:00 PM

You must be hungry! Find a favorite local restaurant, street vendor, or try your hand at making traditional Chinese dumplings. Put minced pork, shrimp, chicken or your favorite vegetables inside and enjoy them steamed, fried or boiled. You can't go wrong with dumplings - anytime of the day. 

Hong Kong has so much to offer a Global Intern - luckily you will be there for more than one day. Some of China's most significant history is in Hong Kong from famous templates and monasterys to the bustling markets where you can try your bartering skills. Looking for more suggestions in Hong Kong? We trust The Lonely Planet's Guide to Hong Kong!

CIEE offers a range of full-time and part-time internship abroad opportunities for students. With internships spanning a diversity of fields — from public policy to the arts, business administration to marketing — CIEE has you covered. You’ll develop the skills you need to succeed in the next steps of your career.

For more than 30 years, we've been placing students into high-impact internships across a wide range of industries and fields. We know that global work experience paired with a strong academic framework will turn today's students into the next generation of forwardthinking innovators, teachers, and leaders.