24 hours in Boston: A Global Intern's Guide to Massachusetts

Global Internships

Global Internships

When you are a Global Intern in Boston, the possibilities are endless.  From historical statues, the oldest public transportation in the country, and fresh seafood galore, there is so much to see - and eat. We have put together an itinerary for 24 hours in Boston, as well as some other not-to-miss attractions around the city and surrounding areas. We are curious what your favorites will be from Boston! Now it's time to get out there and explore...

10:00 AM 

Grab your walking shoes and hit the Freedom Trail. Learn the story of the American Revolution by walking this famous trail and visiting churches, museums, historical landmarks, and more.  See history come alive as you wander through the old and beautiful streets of Boston. 

Pro tip: To get the most from this experience, grab a local guide. You can see the tour route, schedule, make reservations, and more here

1:00 PM

While you are in the area, it's a good idea to grab a bite to eat at the Boston Public Market in Haymarket!  Try a fresh oyster right from the Atlantic, or get a fresh cider donut and coffee inside from some of Boston's favorite local vendors. Enjoy walking around and trying culinary delights and artisan gifts. 

4:00 PM

Now that you have gotten some tasty nibbles at the Boston Public Market, it's game time! Head on over to Fenway Park - America's oldest ballpark, open and in operation since 1912. Hop on the Green Line on the T by using these directions (pro tip - save this Google Map to your phone when you have WiFi so you can navigate the city like a local!). One thing not to miss while you are at Fenway Park (besides a baseball game!) is a Fenway Frank - the best hot dog in America. Not interested in catching a ball game but still want to get behind the Green Monster? Sign up for a tour here

8:00 PM

You've earned yourself a treat of the locals, a nice Italian dinner in Boston's famous North End neighborhood. Enjoy winding through the narrow back roads of this historic district. You can't go wrong with a warm plate of pasta and some autehntic Italian desserts from the famous Mike's Pastry.

Boston has so much to offer a Global Intern - luckily you will be there for more than one day. Some of the United States' oldest history is in Boston from the Tea Party to the bustling streets of the Back Bay. Or maybe you will go sailing on the Charles River. Looking for more suggestions in Boston? We trust The Lonely Planet's Guide to Boston!

CIEE offers a range of full-time and part-time internship abroad opportunities for students. With internships spanning a diversity of fields — from public policy to the arts, business administration to marketing — CIEE has you covered. You’ll develop the skills you need to succeed in the next steps of your career.

For more than 30 years, we've been placing students into high-impact internships across a wide range of industries and fields. We know that global work experience paired with a strong academic framework will turn today's students into the next generation of forwardthinking innovators, teachers, and leaders.