CIEE TEFL Giveaway Terms and Conditions
CIEE TEFL Giveaway Rules NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY “CIEE TEFL Giveaway” (the Giveaway) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Winner must also be fluent in English to participate. Giveaway winners must meet, agree to and adhere to CIEE Terms and Conditions for our TEFL programs. found https://www.ciee.org/sites/default/files/content/tefl/tefl_terms_and_conditions_fy17.pdf. One winner will be chosen at random at 12:00pm EST on November 1, 2017. The winner will win a CIEE Destination TEFL Program in Italy, Spain, Thailand or Vietnam. The prize will only cover the program fee ($1,400 - $1,900 value). Winners must meet the program’s eligibility requirements and enroll in his/her Destination TEFL course no later than August 31, 2018 in order for it to be valid.
2. THE SPONSOR The Giveaway is sponsored by CIEE: Council on International Education and Exchange located at 300 Fore Street, Portland, Maine 04101
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICAL RULES Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. GIVEAWAY PERIOD The Giveaway begins on September 1, 2017, at 12:00pm EST and ends on October 30, 2017 at 12:00pm EST (the Giveaway Period). Entries submitted before or after the Giveaway Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER Online entry will be available by visiting our website: https://www.ciee.org/destination-tefl-giveaway and following the directions provided to fill out the entry information and submit.
6. HOW TO WIN One winner will be chosen to receive the prize. The award cannot be redeemed for cash. The Destination TEFL program fee will be awarded when winner has completed his/her CIEE Destination TEFL Certification course. The winner can choose one CIEE Destination Program to be awarded – options include Rome, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Bangkok, Thailand; and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Airfare, transportation, lodging and meals are not included. The winner can choose his/her start date (must enroll the course on or before August 31, 2018).
7. WITHDRAWALS, TRANSFERS, AND REFUNDS If needed, transfers can be made to a later online course. The winner needs to transfer online courses before the end of the 5th module (halfway to the end date of the course). The winner of this contest can transfer courses no more than one time. The fee to transfer to another course is $150. This fee is not covered in the contest.
If the winner notifies CIEE TEFL of withdrawal from the course up to a week before the official start date of the online course, the participant can choose another start date. This is allowed a maximum of one time. If a student notifies CIEE TEFL of his/her withdrawal from the course within the week before the official start or any time after leading up to the course start date, he/she will be required to pay the transfer fee to start in a later course.
8. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION The Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding. The Grand Prize Winners will be contacted by the Sponsor via telephone and/or by email. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted within seven business (7) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS If for any reason the operation or administration of this Giveaway is impaired or incapable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, (b) tampering, unauthorized intervention, (c) fraud, (d) technical failures, or (e) any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the applicable prize using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of, or after (if applicable) this cancellation, termination, modification or suspension date, or in any manner that is fair and equitable and best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or Sponsor’s Website; or (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY By participating in the Giveaway, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, CIEE: Council on International Education and Exchange, the Administrator, their employees, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an Entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway or downloading any materials in this Giveaway.
11. PRIZE CONDITIONS In Sponsor’s sole discretion, if a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if a potential Prize Winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential Prize Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected for the prize at issue. The Grand Prize Winners will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes associated with the receipt of a prize. The Grand Prize Winners must note that the value of their accepted Prize is taxable as income and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the names of the Winners for the value of their prize (applicable for U.S. winners only).
12. GENERAL By accepting the Grand Prize, where permitted by law, the Grand Prize Winner grants to the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor and the Released Parties (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Sponsor’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time the Prize Winner's full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification.