CIEE Digital Media Grant
Share Your Experience & Build Your Resume this year!
CIEE Study Abroad is offering 16 grants to study abroad digital storytellers in spring 2020. Here’s your chance to share your global experience with the world!
Simply share blogs, videos, and photographs capturing your study abroad experience as you meet new friends, explore new cultures, study in a global classroom, create change, and travel the world.
The stories you create will live on your own personal blogging page and will be shared on CIEE sites and social media to inspire others to embark on life-changing study abroad.
Application Deadline: Feb 28
Grant Compensation - $350
- 50% of the grant will be awarded when you produce the first requirement. The balance will be paid upon completion of the term and grant requirements.
- Get published online! It’s a great way to build your resume and audience.
- Enhance your writing, video, and/or photography skills – sharing your study abroad experiences.
- Capture your most memorable moments – and watch them come to life.
- CIEE study abroad or internship students studying at a CIEE site around the world in spring 2020.
Grant recipients must complete 1 of the 3 requirements below:
- OPTION 1 - Write 5 blog posts throughout semester, 250- 500 words that include at least 4 captioned photos.
- OPTION 2 - Curate 5 photo sets of images from your study experience. Sets should include a minimum of 10 photos in hi-res JPG format. Upload the hi-res photo images to Google Drive.
- Create 2 Photo Blogs to showcase two photo collections along with a minimum of 100-words.
- Example here.
- OPTION 3 - Produce at least 5 vlogs up to 5 minutes maximum.
Grant recipients must complete each of the requirements below:
- 1 social media post per week about general life abroad using #CIEEStudyAbroad and #MyCIEEPOV in all your posts on a social media channel of your choice.
- Conduct 2 Instagram takeovers on your CIEE Study Abroad location account.
- Tag your HOME university IG handle and #cieestudyabroad.
- Add an introduction on the takeover including your name, university and major.
- Utilize Instagram Stories and save your takeover in the highlights.
- Coordinate with your site director or student life coordinator to schedule these 2 takeovers.
- Email Jackie firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as these two takeover dates are set.
- Post a program review on GoAbroad and GoOverseas at the completion of your program.
Topics for all media (blogs, photos, video) should include:
- Culture, People, Customs
- CIEE Excursions or Study Tours
- Favorite Locations and Food
- Classroom or Academic life
- Why others should study abroad in your location
- Other topics that you feel strongly highlight the program and your experience
- All students are required to sign a waiver of release in which CIEE maintains sole ownership of all content contributed from the grant. CIEE may use the names and additional information such as hometown, state, and institution for advertising purposes, without further compensation.
- Recipients must attend an online training session regarding roles, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Students must submit content to a Google Drive and complete a tracker of completed task throughout the program.
- Student must submit content throughout the program and completed the requirements by the program end date.
- All content produced by the grant recipient must be original.
- Recipients should not put themselves as risk to complete requirements and the content submitted must not contain inappropriate language or nudity, excessive drinking, dangerous activities, or show any disrespect toward any culture, or community. CIEE assumes no responsibility for any losses, claims, damages, or injuries resulting from developing content for this grant.
- Failure to complete responsibilities or comply with requirements will result in cancellation of final payment.
- CIEE will notify the grant recipients’ institution upon awarding of the grant. CIEE will announce recipients in study abroad newsletters and various social media channels.