New CIEE Global Institutes in Shanghai and Sydney Add More Choices for Students Abroad

Caroline Maas

We’re pleased to announce CIEE will be launching new Global Institutes in Sydney and Shanghai in spring 2020. Sydney is one of the world’s most spectacularly vibrant cities and Shanghai is an important financial center for Asia and the world. This expansion of our Global Institute network to 12 locations on five continents means CIEE students now have even more choices for both traditional study abroad and our flexible Open Campus programming.

All CIEE Global Institute locations (Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Copenhagen, London, Madrid, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Santiago -- and soon Shanghai, and Sydney) feature rigorous academics on a six-week block structure (summer sessions are four weeks); six academic tracks to advance students’ degrees; highly qualified on-site staff; for-credit internships or independent research; and culturally immersive study tours and extra-curricular activities.

CIEE Global Institutes feature a range of program types but are best known for the signature Open Campus program. On Open Campus, students can fully customize their study abroad experience in a number of ways. First, they determine the duration of study -- one, two, or three 6-week blocks aligned with U.S. semester and quarter schedules. Second, they can stay in one location or study in up to three cities per semester for an unparalleled comparative learning experience. And, finally, students select courses from six academic tracks, including experiential learning opportunities, to keep them on track for graduation.  CIEE’s extraordinary dedication to providing choice and program options is linked to CIEE’s fundamental mission to create access for students across the borders of cost, curriculum and culture.

Tags: