CIEE Staffing Update

While our search for an Executive Vice President for Study Abroad is ongoing, it is with great pleasure that I announce the following promotions and organizational re-alignment  within our Study Abroad team that will increase CIEE’s efficiency and enable us to continue providing the highest level of program management and student support.

Photo for blog post CIEE Staffing Update
Caroline Maas has been promoted to Senior Vice President for Study Global Operations. She will assume full responsibility for all aspects of worldwide program operations and will oversee the Health Safety & Security, Academic Affairs, and Global Operations teams. 

Clara Rodes has been promoted to Vice President for Study Global Operations. She will report to Caroline and oversee all the Regional Directors of Operations (RDOs).

Conny Mueller, Executive Director of Operations, will shift her role and her focus entirely to the Global Institute Network, overseeing the quality and consistency in delivery of its hallmark Open Campus Block Programs, and managing new Global Institute development. Conny will continue to report to Caroline.
Janine El Tal has been promoted to Senior Regional Director of Operations, a new role in which she will maintain her RDO responsibilities for the Africa, Middle East, and India region, while assuming additional responsibilities including international staff training, policy development, compliance oversight, and project and process management. Janine will report to Clara.
Tony Johnson, who manages all seven AIC locations, will formally join the group of Regional Directors of Operations. As part of CIEE’s ongoing efforts to streamline and improve delivery of our internship programs, Tony will have a dotted-line (or matrix) reporting relationship to Clara and myself.
Kate Moore has been promoted to Vice President for Global Internships. She will continue to report to Tony.

I am confident that this leadership structure offers us the opportunity expand upon our already exceptional levels of teamwork and positions us to maintain the high quality of CIEE’s growing portfolio of study abroad experiences. I'm also pleased to announce the following promotion on the International Exchanges team.

Carye Duffin has been promoted to Vice President for International Exchange Programs. Carye will continue to report to Matt Smith, Executive Vice President for International Exchange Programs.

Each of these individuals embrace our mission and reflect our values on a daily basis. Please join me in congratulating these outstanding leaders.