CIEE Global Institute Network Expansion

Brenda Majeski

Brenda Majeski

The CIEE Global Institute Network has expanded to include all locations that provide six-week Open Campus Block programming. Students can now choose from 14 locations (Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Copenhagen, London, Madrid, Monteverde, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Santiago, Shanghai, Sydney, and Yucatán) and over 4,000 mobility combinations when designing their term abroad. (Note:  Shanghai and Sydney come online spring 2020.)

Six-week block programming remains the most affordable and flexible approach to study abroad in the international education market. Students can choose one, two, or three blocks in one, two, or three locations. And beginning fall ’19, students will have 23 new STEM and psychology courses to select from, as well as existing courses from our six academic tracks: business; communications, new media, and journalism; global and community health; international relations and political science; language, literature, and culture; and STEM and society.

Six-week block programming is available to students on all U.S. academic schedules, including quarter system schools. For students that find it difficult to leave campus during the academic year, there are options for summer and January at every Global Institute. 

Students studying at one or more Global Institutes in fall ’19 are eligible to receive up to $6,000 in Open Campus Block Program Grants. The grant nomination deadline for semester students is April 15, and for quarter students, May 1.