CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange is proud to announce that it is now accepting proposals for the third annual $20,000 Generation Study Abroad Access Grant. The grant was created to recognize innovative programs that support CIEE’s Generation Study Abroad™ pledge to help double the number of students who study abroad by 2020 and to increase access to international education for traditionally underrepresented students in study abroad.
Submit your proposal by April 14, 2017, to be eligible for $20,000 to take your students abroad in summer 2018!
Proposed programs should be at least two weeks in duration, with a minimum of 10 students, and take place in summer 2018. Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Topic: Is the focus unique and relevant to today’s students?
- Access: Will you promote the program to students who typically don’t take advantage of study abroad?
- Location: Is it particularly relevant to the program topic? (The program must take place in a location with a CIEE study center.)
Proposals should be no more than 500 words and included the following information:
- Theme and goal of program
- Whether you’ve led a study-abroad program
- The length of your program (two-week minimum)
- How the program will grant access to students who do not typically study abroad
- Your plans to make this program sustainable beyond the life of the grant
Prior grant winners have created amazing immersive experiences for their students.
Our 2017 grant recipient, Tennessee State University (TSU), will use the grant to support an innovative faculty-led study abroad program in Paris, France, in June 2017. The grant will open doors for TSU students who have never traveled abroad or who don’t have the resources to study abroad.
For more information about CIEE’s Faculty-Led & Custom Programs, visit: https://www.ciee.org/faculty-led-study-abroad/.