ACB Program Changes - March 2019

Communications

In response to the changing demands of the international education community, CIEE regularly evaluates our programs to make sure we are meeting the needs of the institutions and students we serve. Here are the updates to existing programming, effective spring 2020 that were approved by our Academic Consortium Board last month.

Amsterdam, Netherlands | Business and Culture
An additional host institution has been added for the Business and Culture program. Students will be able to enroll at either the University of Amsterdam (UvA) or the newly approved, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). VU is expected to successfully complete AACASB accreditation during the 2019-2020 academic year.

Alicante, Spain | Language and Culture
Students are now required to have 0-3 semesters of college-level Spanish, rather than the 3-4 previously required.

Alicante, Spain | Liberal Arts
Students are now required to have 4 semesters of college-level Spanish, rather than 5.

Alicante, Spain | Language in Context
Following the 2018 ACB Site Evaluation recommendations, we aligned two programs to meet student needs - Alicante Language and Culture & Alicante Liberal Arts – and will retire the Alicante Language in Context program after the fall 2019 semester.

Seville, Spain | International Business and Culture
Students are no longer required to take a 3-credit Spanish language course at Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO). Students who wish to continue studying Spanish language during the regular session may still do so by enrolling in the course most appropriate to their language level at UPO.