You do not have to be a teacher with extensive international experience to apply! Whether your major was art history, zoology, or anything in between; if you have a good attitude and solid work ethic, your academic background will serve you well in the classroomthis time from the teacher’s side of the desk.
CIEE and our partner Thai schools are looking for well-rounded applicants who are independent, adventurous, and who adapt well to new situations. Participants must be able to expect the unexpected and thrive in a changing environment! It’s essential that participants are self-motivated, responsible, and recognize that their first priority is to their school and their teaching assignment. 110% commitment to the program is essential.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in any major
- U.S. citizenship or other English speaking country citizenship: native English language fluency
- Teaching experience or TEFL certification preferred but not required
- Teaching experience, community involvement, sense of volunteerism, experiences instructing children (eg summer camp counselor) and/or similar experiences preferred
- Experience studying, working, or volunteering abroad
- Degree in English or Education
CIEE is pleased to announce a special departure in June 2012 for qualified individuals who are unable to attend the orientation in May due to their spring 2012 graduations.
A year ago, all of this would have felt so foreign, and certainly way outside of my comfort zone. Now I can eat green curry without saying, ‘Mai pet ka!’