Teach Immersion China
Fees Are Lower Than EverA new lower fee of $1,600 makes China one of the most affordable destinations for CIEE Teach Abroad. The fee has dropped by $300, thanks to an increased need for teachers and support from local governments.
By working directly with local governments in China, CIEE is helping schools in their efforts to build national competence in English-language and Western culture. China is looking for you.
Imagine a China that is still developing quickly, but is cleaner and more intimate than the warp-speed of the developing or developed East-coast of China. CIEE has partnered with local governments in lesser-known, to Westerners, provinces: Guangxi and Heilongjiang. Guangxi is off the beaten track for Americans and is an area of China famous for its ancient limestone sea-formed hills and lush, green rice-terraced countryside. Heilongjiang shares a rich history with neighboring Russia and is a region that is predominately Mandarin speaking (similar to Beijing dialect). Placements from Teach Immersion China vary from Teach in China by intentionally placing participants in off the tourist-path locations in an effort to create greater exchange opportunities in those areas.
Teach Immersion China will place you away from the over-crowded cities and immerse you into the life of the Chinese people where you can challenge yourself to understand the Chinese culture, learn the language, and make connections in a developing area. The CIEE Teach Immersion China program will provide you opportunity to teach for two semesters in an area of China that few Westerners really get to know.
Teaching English in China is much more than a trip overseas; it is a total immersion experience working and living abroad which affords the opportunity for cross-cultural interaction and involvement in a local community. Teach Immersion China magnifies that opportunity by inserting you in a part of the country that is not as travelled by Westerners. Working in your new school will open yourself to making friends in a new corner of the world, all the while contributing to the language and cultural education of your students. Break out of your routine and learn things about yourselfand othersyou can't by staying home.
- Pre-departure school placement and negotiated, legal work contract at a state certified institution
- Monthly salary (includes paid holidays)
- Rent-free accommodations for the duration of teaching contract
- Support of CIEE professional U.S.-based staff before you depart for China
- Chinese work visa acquisition
- Online, blended-learning CIEE framework course prepares you with skills you’ll use in China and throughout your career
- Four day/five night professional development seminar in Shanghai, including:
- Airport transfer on designated arrival date in Shanghai
- Classes on TEFL theory and practice
- Mandarin language lessons
- Intercultural training and cultural problem solving seminars
- Accommodations and most meals
- Sightseeing trips and cultural performances
- Transportation from the seminar to your host institution
- An English speaking school coordinator to help you adjust to cultural differences
- 24-hour in-country dedicated CIEE participant support via the CIEE Shanghai Office
- International medical insurance and 24-hour worldwide assistance provided through the CIEE iNext travel card
- Completion bonus to support return airfare upon successful completion of contract
- A Lonely Planet guidebook to plan your travels
- Membership in the CIEE Alumni Network and access to over 300,000 alumni around the world
Upgrade your program with the Pre-departure TEFL Certification!
Click here to read Sarah Sanderson’s winning story from the TAUGHT Story Contest!
Back home I was comfortable, I was secure, and work was mildly rewarding. I knew I wanted something more...