Teach in China
Apply for a CIEE Teaching GrantCIEE is pleased to announce the addition of 165 Teaching Grants for Teach in China participants. Through direct-cooperation with Chinese local governments, CIEE is working to help meet the needs of Chinese schools in their effort to build national competence in English-language and Western culture. Teaching Grants are being offered in recognition of the commitment required to Teach in China for a year. Grant amounts will be awarded according to excellence of program application, supplemental grant application, and demonstration of financial need. Apply for a teaching grant in conjunction with your Teach in China Program application. Apply Today
Challenge yourself to learn more about a different mindset and lifestyle by rediscovering yourself outside your own culture. Build your resume, learn Chinese, explore fascinations, and immerse yourself in China for five or ten months this year on the CIEE Teach in China program. The Teach in China program offers you the flexibility of two departure dates and program lengths.
Teaching English in China is much more than a trip overseas; it is a total immersion working and living experience which affords the opportunity for cross-cultural interaction and involvement in a local community. Working in your new school will open the opportunity to make friends in a new corner of the world, all the while contributing to the language and cultural education of your students. Break out of your routine and learn things about yourselfand othersyou can't by staying home.
- Pre-departure school placement and negotiated, legal work contract at a state certified institution
- Monthly salary (includes paid holidays)
- Rent-free accommodations for the duration of teaching contract
- Support of CIEE professional U.S.-based staff before you depart for China
- Chinese work visa acquisition
- Teaching and program guides to help you plan and prepare
- Four day/five night orientation in Shanghai, including:
- Airport transfer on designated arrival date in Shanghai
- Classes on TEFL theory and practice
- Mandarin language lessons
- Cross-cultural training and cultural problem solving seminars
- Accommodations and most meals
- Sightseeing trips and cultural performances
- Transportation from orientation to your host institution
- An English speaking school coordinator to help you adjust to the cultural differences
- 24 hour in-country dedicated CIEE participant support via the CIEE Shanghai Office
- International medical insurance and 24 hour worldwide assistance provided through the CIEE iNext travel card
- Completion bonus to support return airfare upon successful completion of contract
- A Lonely Planet guidebook to plan your travels
Back home I was comfortable, I was secure, and work was mildly rewarding. I knew I wanted something more...
Click here to read Sarah Sanderson’s winning story from the 2010 TAUGHT Story Contest!
Upgrade your program with the Pre-departure TEFL Certification!