Teach in China
Fees Are Lower Than EverA new lower fee of $1,600 makes China one of the most affordable destinations for CIEE Teach Abroad. The fee has dropped by $300, thanks to an increased need for teachers and support from local governments.
By working directly with local governments in China, CIEE is helping schools in their efforts to build national competence in English-language and Western culture. China is looking for you.
Challenge yourself to learn more about a different mindset and lifestyle by rediscovering yourself outside your own culture. Build your resume, learn Chinese, explore fascinations, and immerse yourself in China for five or ten months this year on the CIEE Teach in China program. The Teach in China program offers you the flexibility of two departure dates and program lengths.
Teaching English in China is much more than a trip overseas; it is a total immersion working and living experience which affords the opportunity for intercultural interaction and involvement in a local community. Working in your new school will open the opportunity to make friends in a new corner of the world, all the while contributing to the language and cultural education of your students. Break out of your routine and learn things about yourself—and others—you can't by staying home.
- Pre-departure school placement and negotiated, legal work contract at a state certified institution
- Monthly salary (includes paid holidays)
- Rent-free accommodations for the duration of teaching contract
- Support of CIEE professional U.S.-based staff before you depart for China
- Chinese work visa acquisition
- Online, blended-learning CIEE framework course prepares you with skills you’ll use in China and throughout your career
- Four day/five night professional development seminar in Shanghai, including:
- Airport transfer on designated arrival date in Shanghai
- Classes on TEFL theory and practice
- Mandarin language lessons
- Intercultural training and cultural problem solving seminars
- Accommodations and most meals
- Sightseeing trips and cultural performances
- Transportation from the seminar to your host institution
- An English speaking school coordinator to help you adjust to cultural differences
- 24-hour in-country dedicated CIEE participant support via the CIEE Shanghai Office
- International medical insurance and 24-hour worldwide assistance provided through the CIEE iNext travel card
- Completion bonus to support return airfare upon successful completion of contract
- A Lonely Planet guidebook to plan your travels
- Membership in the CIEE Alumni Network and access to over 300,000 alumni around the world
Back home I was comfortable, I was secure, and work was mildly rewarding. I knew I wanted something more...
Click here to read Sarah Sanderson’s winning story from the TAUGHT Story Contest!
Upgrade your program with the Pre-departure TEFL Certification!