Teach in Chile
Espera lo inesperado...In Chile, CIEE Teach Abroad assignments vary. Depending on yours, you might live in the capital city of Santiago, the port city of Valparaíso, or the resort town of Viña del Mar. Inside the
classroom, you will grow professionally and your Spanish will improve as you work with fellow faculty and students; away from the classroom, the outdoor gems and diverse culture of Chile and Latin America await!
The CIEE Teach in Chile program is competitive, so apply early and know that you will depart the U.S. for your role as an English teacher well prepared by the CIEE online pre-departure TEFL certification program.
- A paid teaching placement at a reputable institution
- Pre-departure TEFL certification course
- Support of CIEE professional staff before you depart for Chile
- Teaching and program guides to help you plan and prepare
- Airport transfer on designated arrival date
- Four day orientation in Santiago, including:
- Cross-cultural training seminars, and lessons on essential Chilenismos - ¡que onda huevon!
- Accommodations and many meals
- Cultural excursions
- Transportation from orientation to your host institution (for teachers outside Santiago)
- Four Spanish language lessons provided by the Teach in Chile Coordinator
- Fall group gathering and mid-year reflection workshop
- Temporary housing while you look for a place of your own
- A school coordinator to help you adjust to teaching and cultural differences
- International medical insurance and 24 hour worldwide assistance provided through the CIEE iNext travel card
- 24 hour in-country emergency support services from local CIEE staff
- Visa application advice (apply in person at the Chilean Embassy or Consulate)
- A Lonely Planet guidebook to plan your travels
I rounded a corner and put my flip-flopped foot down…in the middle of a still warm horse patty. It would take a year of living and teaching in Chile before I could look back, chuckle, and truly understand my good fortune...