You've studied abroad with our organization, now come be a part of it!
The alumni internship program identifies a cohort of exceptional CIEE alumni – who have participated in a CIEE study program – to serve as paid interns at our Portland office or CIEE Study Center for 9 weeks between June and August 2013.
Summer Interns are appointed to an engaging and challenging project that has a high impact on both the students’ professional skill set and ultimately CIEE’s family of programs. These projects include: research, web design; social media; communications; market research; business planning; program assessment; or new program development.
The summer internship program also deeply supports our partnership with colleges and universities by providing professional mentoring and reflective group activities that have specifically developed to further cultivate the professional skills of students following their experience abroad. Interns will learn how to work effectively in an intercultural setting through one-on-one mentoring and a weekly seminar that involves reflective discussion and ways students should leverage their study abroad experience in an intentional and thoughtful manner throughout their career.
Summer 2012 Alumni Interns
CIEE Center Location
Washington & Lee University
Johns Hopkins University
CIEE Seville and CIEE Palma de Mallorca
Pennsylvania State University
University of Oregon
CIEE Cape Town
CIEE Sao Paulo
Application & Selection Timeline:
December 1, 2012
Alumni Internship Program Selections Announced
April 26, 2013
Start of Alumni Internship Program
June 10, 2013
End of Alumni Internship Program
August 9, 2013
Alumni Internship Candidate Criteria:
- Must be a U.S. undergraduate student that is both an alumni of an undergraduate CIEE Study Abroad program and a rising senior graduating college in Spring 2014
- Must be in good academic standing at home institution
- Outgoing, creative, entrepreneurial
- Passion for Study Abroad and CIEE
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Responsible, optimistic, and hard-working
- Works well independently and in groups