Alumni Ambassador Program
What is the CIEE Alumni Ambassador Program?
The CIEE Alumni Ambassador program is a 9-month leadership development program that identifies and develops CIEE Alumni to be exceptional ambassadors of study abroad. Through their own words, images, and enthusiasm, CIEE Alumni Ambassadors play an important role in promoting CIEE Study Abroad programs and provide critical student outreach in support of CIEE’s nonprofit mission. Each Ambassador will form part of an extraordinary initiative aimed at promoting the value of study abroad and CIEE's approach to global education, thereby preparing fellow students to be intentional, innovative, and reflective learners.
We are seeking committed, outgoing, and socially connected CIEE alumni to join our program for the 2013-2014 academic year. Students from all CIEE Study Centers are encouraged to apply, and up to two Ambassadors will be selected from each of CIEE’s member institutions. Candidates will be selected based on their submission to CIEE Alumni Relations and feedback from CIEE Study Center staff. Apply Now!
What are the Benefits of Participation?
- Plan or join fun events on your campus and share your experience with your peers
- Play a critical role in building a deeper culture of international education on your campus
- Gain valuable training to support other students in their inquiry into study abroad
- Receive a Letter of Recommendation upon successful completion of the program
- Gain valuable career guidance and support through one-on-one mentoring with the CIEE Alumni Relations team
- Awards for exemplary work and service to CIEE announced in spring 2014
Application and Selection Timeline:
Alumni Ambassador Selections Announced
July 19, 2013
Alumni Ambassador Candidate Criteria:
- Current Undergraduate student*
- Passion for study abroad and CIEE
- Outgoing, creative, entrepreneurial, and exceptional communication skills
- Responsible, optimistic and hard-working
- Demonstration of past leadership on-campus
- Constant learner
- Well-versed and active in social media, including regular use of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Foursquare
*Note: For alumni who want to get involved, but have graduated college, we want to hear from you! Please reach out to CIEE's Alumni Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org about ways to get involved with CIEE.
Please include a short note in the email about why you are interested in participating in the program.
Once your application is received, a member of the alumni department will contact you for further instruction/screening. CIEE will do their best to accommodate all alumni interested in participating in the program. Alumni interested in supporting CIEE's mission outside of the formal Ambassador program may still do so by speaking to prospective students during the study abroad fair and other activities involving the study abroad office and/or other international activities on their respective campuses.