To apply for the South Korea High School Summer Program, students must:
- Not have visited South Korea in recent years or had much exposure to Korean culture, customs, and/or daily life
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (U.S. permanent residents must arrange for a visa, if necessary on their own at least 2 months before departure)
- Currently be enrolled as a high school student in the U.S.
- Be entering 10th, 11th, 12th grade or have just graduated from high school
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale displayed on an official school record, report card, or transcript
Note: This scholarship is intended to be the first step for students to experience Korean culture, language, customs, and daily life.