Seminar Fees - What is Included?
CIEE strives to keep seminar fees as low as possible while still providing top-quality educational experiences. We hope their inclusiveness, and any funding that may be available from your institution or external sources, make this opportunity feasible for you.
IFDS fees range between $3,000 and $4,000, depending on the seminar, and include:
- Academic program (all lectures, site visits, study tours, and seminar materials)
- Accommodation in single rooms (unless otherwise noted), in well-located modest hotels, guesthouses, or university housing
- Two meals daily, usually breakfast and lunch
- Welcome and farewell receptions
- Transportation to included activities
- Entrance fees for included excursions
- International medical and travel insurance and 24-hour worldwide assistance provided through the iNext travel card
- One CIEE airport pick-up and drop-off coordinated around the majority of arrivals and departures
- Pre-departure support (including IFDS staff assistance, detailed online pre-departure information)
- Standard visa fees and processing assistance provided by Travisa (Note: as Travisa only serves U.S. citizens, non U.S. citizens should submit their visa application independently to the appropriate consulate)
What's not included?
Costs associated with passports, port of entry visa fees (if applicable), visas that exceed standard group processing rates, international departure taxes, international airfare, ground transportation beyond the one organized airport pick-up and one drop-off, most dinners, baggage charges, porterage, tips, and any incidental expenses.
If you are affiliated with a CIEE membership institution or CIEE Academic Consortium member institution, you are eligible for a reduced fee. If you travel with another accepted participant and share a room, you will each save $200 off the published seminar fee. Also, the application fee is waived for repeat participants.
Click here to see a complete list of dates and fees for all 2013 seminars.