Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Director, Web & Digital Marketing
Location: CIEE Headquarters, Portland, Maine
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 65 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs for over 6,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge.
Summary of Position:
CIEE's award winning Web Team is responsible for the strategic direction, design, development, and maintenance of over 20 program and business websites, as well as their respective blogs, social media channels, associated digital assets, and marketing materials.
The web team strives to be on the cutting edge of the web industry, in both design and development, focusing on responsive web design using HTML5 & CSS3, putting the user experience first, and ensuring the latest techniques and trends are being implemented.
The Manager of Web Design & Development will effectively lead a team of designers and developers who manage web operations for all of CIEE’s websites and associated collateral. Working closely with marketing managers and respective business leaders, the Manager of Web will drive the creation, development, and execution of innovative technical solutions that assist the business in achieving its core strategic goals.
- Leads and mentors a team of web designers and developers.
- Provides leadership and influence to the business as it pertains to web solutions and direction.
- Working with marketing managers and business leaders, ensures that business solutions are properly defined, scoped, and are released on schedule.
- Working closely with marketing managers and digital marketers, provide leadership and guidance in the social space as it pertains to design, direction, and planning.
- Manage and direct project queue for web team.
- Provide leadership and direction in all areas of design and development – including, but not limited to standards, accessibility, and UX.
- Work closely with and manage external vendors and associated projects.
- Working closely with the Director of Web & Digital Marketing, set the overall strategy and direction of CIEEs digital presence.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-10 years of professional related experience required
- Experience leading and mentoring front end web developers and designers required
- Strong understanding of web analytics
- Strong understanding of online behavior and the underlying forces driving that behavior
- Strong project management skills required
- Tech savvy individual with a strong eye for design and great attention to detail
- Well versed in current web trends, techniques and best practices.
- Desire and enthusiasm to learn new skills and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required. Must be able to work with people at all levels w/in the organization to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, as well as within a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Technical Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years professional experience with IIS required
- 2+ years professional experience with ASP.Net, Visual Studio, and TFS required
- 2+ years professional development of responsive websites required
- 1+ year professional development using SASS required
- Strong understanding of SEO and SEM
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Manager, Web Design & Development” in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity. Due to high volume we are unable to respond personally to each candidate. No phone calls please.