Department: F1 Programs
Reports To: Director High School Plus Program
Location: CIEE Headquarters, Portland, Maine
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 65 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs for over 6,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge.
About the USA High School PLUS Program:
The USA High School Plus program allows international high school students the opportunity to study for a semester, a year, or up to all four years at their chosen institution in the U.S. CIEE has partnered with several schools throughout the U.S. in order to offer a stimulating and exciting academic experience. Students can choose to apply for a private day, public day, or boarding schools. CIEE partner schools offer state-of-the-art facilities, proven academic success, and hands-on assistance with the college admissions process to international students on the F-1 Visa.
The USA High School program hosts more than 55 nationalities represented in a group of over 1,300 international students each year acting as ambassadors for their home countries. At the same time, American families open their homes to exchange students and local high schools globalize their classrooms by hosting international students. Students arrive in the United States with dreams of immersing themselves in the American culture through living with a host family and participating in local clubs, sports, arts, music, and other activities. They return to their native country with improved English skills, a sense of independence and self-confidence, growth in their maturity, and a better global understanding. Most importantly, they will have built American relationships that will last forever.
Summary of Position:
The High School Plus Program Coordinator will form partnerships with new private schools throughout the country as well as expand our overseas partner network. The position requires someone who is confident speaking to school administrators and representing CIEE in a professional and knowledgeable manner. Working with the placements team in identifying desirable schools and locations as well as maintaining up-to-date information about current schools will be essential for successful growth of the program. In order to assist the Director, the High School Plus Program Coordinator may be required to travel domestically or internationally to meet with schools or overseas recruitment partners. There will also be a considerable amount of time spent tracking finances directly related to the program.
- Keep up-to-date with partner school prices, statistics, ratings, student openings, special programs, sports, and activities
- Compile and organize lists of potential new partner schools to contact
- Track and manage finances related to tuitions, commissions, stipends and overall program spending
- Respond to inquiries about the USA High School Plus program
- Assist Director with partner school vetting process by visiting partner schools
- Attend conferences to network and promote the USA High School Plus Program and foster on-going relationships with principals, teachers, counselors and district administrators
- Assist Director in adhering to deadlines for student applications
- Continually update and improve the application process in order to streamline this process
- Assist Director with on-going web and print updates
- Participation as needed in the content planning and implementation of annual programs, which may include international and national meetings and pre-departure and arrival orientations
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Domestic and international travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required
- Financial and budgeting experience preferred
- Professional experience in a college or university setting preferred, ideally in private school admission
- International work, study or significant travel experience preferred
- Flexible and honest individual with a desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to groups of all sizes about CIEE and the USA High School PLUS program
- High level organization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage several different projects at the same time
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 9am-5pm
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Program Coordinator, HS Plus Program” in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity. Due to high volume we are unable to respond personally to each candidate. No phone calls please.