Department: High School Plus Program (F1)
Reports To: Director, High School Plus Program
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 65 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs for over 6,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge.
About the USA High School Program
The CIEE USA High School program hosts more than 55 nationalities represented in a group of over 1,500 international students each year acting as ambassadors for their home countries. Students arrive in the United States with dreams of immersing themselves in the American culture through living with a host family and participating in local clubs, sports, arts, music, and other activities. They return to their native country with improved English skills, a sense of independence and self-confidence, growth in their maturity, and a better global understanding.
Summary of Position:
The High School Plus Account manager will concentrate on the sales and distribution of CIEE’s High School Plus Program. In any given year, this role will work with an Overseas Representative network of over 13 agents in over 8 countries to recruit participants for the High School Plus Program. The Account Manager will function as the main liaison for annual partnership agreements, training, sales numbers, program marketing and development, and overall service delivery. In addition, the Account Manager will assist the Director in the achievement of annual High School Plus product sales goals and long-term business development objectives for the product through the direct management of existing accounts, as well as the identification and development of new accounts.
- Research, identify and develop new market opportunities for the High School Plus Program.
- Develop relationships with agents and sponsors to stay up-to-date on trends and potential future partnerships.
- On-board new representatives including the collection of company information and checking of references liaising with other departments as necessary.
- Take responsibility for the overall management of assigned accounts.
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on sales activities of representative accounts
- Identify risks and areas of opportunity to ensure budget targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure that each representative is receiving the highest level of customer service from CIEE in order to meet sales goals and maximize yield from representative and market.
- Assist with the development and execution of the overall sales and business development strategy for the High School Plus sales effort.
- Assist in the establishment of standard account management protocols, support procedures and sales reporting systems as required by the Director.
- Set up and execution of representative events such as annual on-site visits customized training days, and presentations.
- Foster a close working relationship between High School Plus and all other departments (Insurance, Support, IT, etc.) to ensure seamless delivery of the High School Plus product
- Complete other duties as required by the Director or other members of the team.
Please note that this position will require work outside of normal 9AM to 5PM Monday to Friday business hours. Further, this position will require international travel for partner visits, trade shows, and conferences.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required
- 2-3 years sales and account management experience required
- Fluency in Spanish highly desired; fluency in English and Portuguese required
- In-depth knowledge of Latin American culture, history, business practices, and high school academic environment required.
- Willingness and ability to live full-time (12 months per year) in Brazil. Authorization to work in Brazil required
- Flexible and open communication skills. Desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills – must be able to exude empathy and control over phone and in email.
- Significant travel within region and to industry conferences required.
- Ability to plan for and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with CRM database(s) a plus
- High level administrative and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience Abroad – time studying, teaching, travelling or living abroad required
- Experience working with Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Comfortable with learning new databases and technology.
- All other duties as assigned
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 9am-5pm
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Account Manager, Latin America, High School Plus Program” in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity. Due to high volume we are unable to respond personally to each candidate. No phone calls please.