⁜ ⁜ Scavenger hunt evening ⁜ ⁜

Spanish Language & Culture

⁜ ⁜ Scavenger hunt evening ⁜ ⁜

What an amazing evening we had yesterday. 

We met all the students in Prado de San Sebastián, our favourite meeting point. Then, we went to the beautiful Plaza de España. It’s huge! The architect is Aníbal González who built some other buidings in Seville. Libertad and Rafa were eager to guide us on a great scavenger hunt.

We started in Plaza de España where we had to look for two provincias of Spain: Madrid and Pontevedra. They were wainting for us in order to complete another puzzle. 

The faster we did it, the sooner we got to the next test: the bridge. There are several bridges in Plaza de España, so it was a bit tricky to find the right one. The kids had to take a picture recreating a scene from the famous movie Star Wars, which was filmed in this emblematic square. 

To continue our game, we needed to apply our writing skills. Looking on the map we came to a square commemorating the famous writer Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer, how we love his poetry! There is a statue hidden in El Parque de María Luisa, it was inaugurated on April 18, 1914 as the Infanta María Luisa Fernanda urban park. We became romantics as we thought of the best words, which we had to write on our sheet that we would later give to Rafa and Libertad. 

Later, we learned what a ficus was, as the group with the most original photo next to one of them won.

In this same park we had to look for a duck pond, but the problem is that there is not only one. We ran quite a bit to find it. It was beautiful, although we could not observe it as closely as we wanted because we were exhausted and just wanted to get to the finish line.

We thought there was nothing more to do, but we were wrong.... There Rafa and Libertad were waiting for us to test our aim.

And we finally finished! There were prizes: super pencils with Arabic mosaics drawn on them and goodies.

It was a perfect afternoon to get a first glimpse of the Plaza de España and Parque de María Luisa.

Even if we sweated a little, it was worth because we kept ourselves hydrated. 

After this, there was nothing better than meeting up with our host families or having an ice cream while breathing in the summer air.