Half Way Rewind

Italian Language & Culture

Maryjane C.

Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since we all arrived in Rome and met.. and 2 weeks until we all part ways and say goodbye. I can’t believe how quickly these two weeks have gone. So much has happened in these two weeks that it would be hard to cover even half of it, so instead I’m going to talk about the parts that have stuck out the most to me- the good and the not so good. I think it’s important to know and be prepared for everything when going abroad even if it means being honest about the disappointments I’ve faced while here. 

We’ve done so many amazing activities. Some of my favorites have been going to the mall, going to Tivoli, visiting the Colosseum, and participating in the cooking class. Some activities we do are less exciting than the others but we always find a way to make it fun and enjoyable. I think that the most memorable moments happen at random times- while walking the streets together, or when at dinner, or playing on a children's playground like we did today. I absolutely love my group that I spend most of my time with. Everyone is so funny and entertaining to hangout with. One thing I was not expecting at the beginning of the trip was to become as close as I am with my group. In my last blog post I talked about meeting an amazing group of people and how we hung out everyday and ate every meal together.. and that's not the case anymore, but that's okay. Sometimes things change for the better. The rest of that group is inseparable and most of the time when I was with them I just didn’t feel like I was meant to be there. I still love them individually and talk to them all but I also became friends with so many more people. I grew closer to my group and one girl in particular that I spend every minute with. As it gets closer and closer to departing this city I want to leave less and less. I can’t imagine leaving this group of people that I’ve spent every single day with, and it's only been half the trip. After spending every single day for four weeks with these people I’m never going to be able to leave them behind.