Adventure is Out There!

Advocating for Social Justice

Thomas Herz

Week 2 brought many adventures for our Social Justice Global Navigators! They began with a tour of the Book of Kells exhibit in the historical Trinity Library. The following day, our Social Justice students dove into the rich history of Irish Emigration by exploring the Jeanie Johnson, an Irish famine ship that transported many to the United States. They followed this tour up with an excursion to the EPIC museum to dive further into the history of emigration.

The weekend brought a new opportunity for our students: a 3-day weekend trip to Carlingford, a small coastal town North of Ireland. There, they participated in an adventure camp where they learned about ax throwing, atlatl, archery, laser tag, and raft building. We also braved new heights by completing a sky-high ropes course.

Now that it is Week 3, the students are preparing their final checklist for any last-minute sights they want to see and will be wrapping up their Social Justice class from which they have already learned so much.