Spring Orientation in Seville, Spain

High School Abroad in Spain

During the last week of January, our Spring 2019 High School Abroad in Spain cohort attended CIEE Orientation in Seville, Spain. CIEE Orientation is an important program component designed to introduce participants to a new country and a new culture. Orientation helps to educate participants with the tools and resources they need for a successful experience abroad. During orientation, our participants start to form lasting bonds with each other and with CIEE Staff while immersing themselves in the language and culture of their host country for the first time. Our High School Abroad in Spain program starts with a chaperoned group flight, followed by a three day orientation led by CIEE Staff from Madrid, Seville, and the USA. At the end of Orientation, participants are introduced to their host families and start their semester living like a local and attending a Spanish High School.  Please click through our gallery to see photos from our Spring 2019 Spain Orientation!

Orientation Highlights:

Walking Tour of Seville
Survival Spanish Class relating to host family and school life
Flamenco Class
Meals featuring typical Spanish cuisine like Tapas, Paella, and Churros
Q&A Session with current Academic Year participants
Surprise Dinner with Host Siblings
Informational Sessions on topics including Academics, Health & Safety, Host Family Expectations, Program Rules, and Culture Shock.