2 Best Study Spots in Paris

By: Lillian Clark

My recommendations come down to two locations:

1. The Starbucks @ 3 Bd des Capucines, 75002 Paris
  2. BNF Richelieu @ 5 Rue Vivienne, 75002 Paris

The first thing you need to know about studying in Paris is that most cafes have a “no laptop” policy. My first few times I tried to study at a local coffee shop, I was asked to put my computer away! After this, I wanted to play it safe, so I looked up Starbucks and stumbled across a Starbucks that is set in an old French building. It is gorgeous inside and makes you feel luxurious!! They have incredibly reliable hours but can get crowded sometimes. If you are hoping to spend a whole day working, then I would suggest getting there early! 

The second spot is the BNF Richelieu, a research library, with a large oval room and working desks. I love this spot because it’s everything I imagined “studying abroad in Paris” would feel like. They have these old desk lamps with green shades and the walls are covered in bookshelves. It is a quiet space so if you are looking to do group work, I would go somewhere else! It is also important to note that this library has a huge comic book section that you should check out. 

Let me know if you try these spots out and if you’re interested in joining CIEE, use my referral code for $200 off: https://my.ciee.org/login?ReturnUrl=%2f%3frc%3dlillieclark&rc=lillieclark