Alumni Ambassador Program
An alumni program for CIEE college study abroad alumni
The CIEE Alumni Ambassador program is a nine-month leadership development program that identifies and develops CIEE Alumni to be exceptional ambassadors of study abroad. Through their own words, images, and enthusiasm, CIEE Alumni Ambassadors play an important role in promoting CIEE Study Abroad programs and provide critical student outreach in support of CIEE’s nonprofit mission. Each Ambassador will form part of an extraordinary initiative aimed at promoting the value of study abroad and CIEE's approach to global education, thereby preparing fellow students to be intentional, innovative, and reflective learners.
We are seeking committed, outgoing, and socially connected CIEE alumni to join our program for the academic year. Students from all CIEE Study Centers are encouraged to apply, and up to two Ambassadors will be selected from each of CIEE’s member institutions. Candidates will be selected based on their submission to CIEE Alumni Relations and feedback from CIEE Study Center staff. Apply Now!
What are the Benefits of Participation?
- Plan or join fun events on your campus and share your experience with your peers
- Play a critical role in building a deeper culture of international education on your campus
- Gain valuable training to support other students in their inquiry into study abroad
- Receive a Letter of Recommendation upon successful completion of the program
- Gain valuable career guidance and support through one-on-one mentoring with the CIEE Alumni Relations team
Alumni Ambassador Candidate Criteria:
- Current Undergraduate student *
- Passion for study abroad and CIEE
- Outgoing, creative, entrepreneurial, and exceptional communication skills
- Responsible, optimistic, and hard-working
- Demonstration of past leadership on-campus
- Constant learner
- Well-versed and active in social media, including regular use of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Foursquare
*Note: For alumni who want to get involved, but have graduated college, we want to hear from you! Please reach out to CIEE's Alumni Relations team at email@example.com about ways to get involved with CIEE.
Email us your resume!
Please include a short note in the email about why you are interested in participating in the program.
Once your application is received, a member of the alumni department will contact you for further instruction/screening. CIEE will do their best to accommodate all alumni interested in participating in the program. Alumni interested in supporting CIEE's mission outside of the formal Ambassador program may still do so by speaking to prospective students during the study abroad fair and other activities involving the study abroad office and/or other international activities on their respective campuses.
CIEE Alumni Ambassadors have been active at the following schools:
- Clark University
- Drexel University
- Endicott College
- George Washington University
- Guilford College
- Hope College
- Notre Dame College
- Oregon State University
- Pacific Lutheran University
- Texas Tech
- Tufts University
- Tulane University
- University 0f Maryland - College Park
- University of Arizona
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana
- University of Iowa
- University of Massachusetts- Dartmouth
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- University of Oregon
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Vanderbilt University
- Vassar College